As Flowdash’s first designer, you’ll be our partner in shaping our early product and building delightful experiences for operations teams across a wide array of industries. If we succeed, you will have fundamentally changed how organizations build software, democratizing the power to build custom tools.
We’re looking for a thoughtful, empathetic, and experienced product designer who isn’t afraid to dive deep into challenging problems and has a passion for distilling complex concepts into interfaces that are intuitive, easy-to-use, and refreshingly simple.
What you'll do
As our first full-time designer, you’ll:
- Own large-scope design projects end-to-end
- Partner with our founders to generate ideas and shape the product vision
- Design and iterate user interfaces and prototypes for our core web application
- Work closely with our engineering team, delivering specs, wireframes, and assets
- Develop a deep empathy for our users and conduct user research to inform design solutions
- Establish the design ethos of the company and act as its steward as we scale
What we're looking for
- 3+ years relevant experience designing in tech
- Experience designing and shipping complex products that customers love
- Self-motivated and able to efficiently run with a project without close supervision
- A basic understanding of how software development and web applications work
- Bonus points if you can write HTML, CSS, and some light JS
- Also a bonus if you’ve had experience building and leading small design teams
This is a full-time position that includes health, dental, and vision benefits. We also offer unlimited sick, personal, and vacation days. As an early stage company, we offer significant equity stakes to all early employees.
Our founders are experienced engineering leaders who have worked in both Fortune 500 companies and startups, and have scaled organizations from <10 to over 1000+ people. We’re well-funded, backed by top-tier VCs, and are on a mission to empower the next generation of app builders.
Working with inadequate software tools isn’t only inefficient, it can be downright frustrating, and even more so when the people using these tools are left powerless to modify them. At Flowdash, we're on a mission to bring happiness back to the workplace by changing the way people create software. We're making it easier to build applications without code so that individuals within every organization are empowered to create the tools they need — the tools they deserve.
How to apply
Submit your portfolio and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or use the button below. Don’t worry about your portfolio being super-polished, we know people are busy and we can handle imperfect presentation work :)Apply via email
Flowdash is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people no matter what background feel supported and connected at work.